D2F Whiners Corner
Forums > D2F Whiners Corner > CaltropSearch | New Thread | Reply to thread
Caltrop
 
Reply to threadPage 1, 2, 3 | Next Page
LGMB95033
Super Regular
Deadly Dispenser
Man

P: 10/13/2021 22:56 EST
   
Poll: Legal?
YES (60%)
NO (40%)
Poll has ended (it ran for 7 days). 10 total votes.
Been seeing Caltrops in sniper resupply lately it that legal?
  
Reply to message
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON-
Super Regular
Killer Scout

P: 10/13/2021 23:29 EST
E: 10/13/2021 23:29 EST
    The healthpacks in spawn take away the caltrop effect. I also don't think people are looking for cheap kills with caltrops... just minor annoyances. But who the hell is ballsy enough to keep doing it in sniper spawn? BSL? Bueller?  
Reply to message
Backalleybuttlove
Super Regular
Crack-Powered Capper

P: 10/14/2021 02:28 EST
    Based on the verbiage of the official rules I vote legal as the damage incurred by caltrops isn't going to kill you and ergo is not a cheap kill. And as illusion mentioned, there are health packs right there.

That's actually a great strategy. Conc jump as scout up to the enemy sniper respawn and line it with caltrops, especially at the turn as it won't be expected. It'll slow down and force snipers to go back for health packs and armor.
  
Reply to message
[SHS]Hitz
Super Regular
Sniping Bridge
Bomber

P: 10/14/2021 02:58 EST
    Not legal. Caltrops cause damage, therefore the scout is attacking newly spawned players inside the spawn. Anybody entering a spawn and attacking newly spawned players is liable to be punished.
  
Reply to message
Bad Penny
Super Regular
Deadly Dispenser
Man

P: 10/14/2021 09:44 EST
    Never thought of doing that.

Caltrops outside main spawn are allowed right? If so, you're technically attacking newly spawned players with caltrops because they have no other exit to use. If legal outside main spawn, then technically should they be legal inside sniper spawn as both outcomes are the same?
  
Reply to message
wmkbsl
Super Regular
Engineer Flag
Toucher

P: 10/14/2021 05:50 EST
   
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
The healthpacks in spawn take away the caltrop effect. I also don't think people are looking for cheap kills with caltrops... just minor annoyances. But who the hell is ballsy enough to keep doing it in sniper spawn? BSL? Bueller?
https://tothedome.com/index.php/s/5K7MzZzfsqn5WP2
  
Reply to message
Backalleybuttlove
Super Regular
Crack-Powered Capper

P: 10/14/2021 07:23 EST
   
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
Not legal. Caltrops cause damage, therefore the scout is attacking newly spawned players inside the spawn. Anybody entering a spawn and attacking newly spawned players is liable to be punished.
But the officials rules only talks about cheap kills, not "cheap damage."

I'll grant maybe you have a point if the caltrops are placed directly on where the players respawn, and even that's a BIG stretch, but still, it's not a cheap kill but cheap damage which is easily mitigated. But down the two hallways I think is perfectly legitimate.
  
Reply to message
Help
Super Regular
Crack-Powered Capper

P: 10/14/2021 10:44 EST
E: 10/14/2021 11:06 EST
    By the rules, legal because they are not deadly enough to kill newly spawned players. Although one could argue that you put the newly respawn player at a disadvantage against the scout’s teammates. I for one think constantly caltropping the respawn doorways should not be legal because it makes the game horrible. But I also think constant spamming the bridge should also be illegal for the same reason.  
Reply to message
LGMB95033
Super Regular
Deadly Dispenser
Man

P: 10/14/2021 11:14 EST
    As far as I'm concerned this is absolutely illegal it is an attack on freshly spawned players.  
Reply to message
kyree
Super Regular
Killer Scout

P: 10/14/2021 11:48 EST
E: 10/14/2021 11:49 EST
    not any more damaging than spy *pills

if you're dumb enough to die from caltrops in your own spawn...maybe you should just die and hafta respawn
  
Reply to message
[SHS]Hitz
Super Regular
Sniping Bridge
Bomber

P: 10/14/2021 11:49 EST
   
Help wrote:
I for one think constantly caltropping the respawn doorways should not be legal because it makes the game horrible.
Yeah, Brah and Napkin do that (the same guys who chopped). It’s like they have OCD, just mindlessly spawning and rushing to the enemy respawn and dropping caltrops… dying and doing it again, over and over, all match. I see it as griefing. It’s very disrespectful to their fellow players and the server in general.

They also do the same thing as demoman. Over and over they grenade jump over and unleash all their pipes and MIRV’s at the spawn door. They die and 6 seconds later they’re back doing the exact same thing. It’s like they’re autistic. I find it very creepy of them. I’d ban them. Fuckers.
  
Reply to message
kyree
Super Regular
Killer Scout

P: 10/14/2021 11:51 EST
    on a side note....does anyone else try to step on all the caltrops on their way back to spawn to help your teammates not hafta deal with them  
Reply to message
kyree
Super Regular
Killer Scout

P: 10/14/2021 11:56 EST
   
They also do the same thing as demoman. Over and over they grenade jump over and unleash all their pipes and MIRV’s at the spawn door. They die and 6 seconds later they’re back doing the exact same thing
THIS is a pretty bold accusation...if this is a constant...have you reported it?
If so, are you implying no one has looked into it...you are aware that your !report is time stamped, and the server runs HLTV...we have seen drippy ban people from HLTV evidence...
so are you saying they have a pass...or did you not report it
dying from an mirv or pipe when you walk out of spawn, there needs to be consideration as to what happened previous to your demise
  
Reply to message
Reckoner
Super Regular
Crack-Powered Capper

P: 10/14/2021 12:17 EST
   
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
It’s like they have OCD,

It’s like they’re autistic. I find it very creepy of them. I’d ban them. Fuckers.
I'll selectively quote this one, for fun >___<...

As a creepy fucker myself who has autism & OCD combo :p - I'll say that you have an interesting way of making an argument or getting your point across. ;)
  
Reply to message
Backalleybuttlove
Super Regular
Crack-Powered Capper

P: 10/14/2021 12:45 EST
   
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
Help wrote:
I for one think constantly caltropping the respawn doorways should not be legal because it makes the game horrible.
Yeah, Brah and Napkin do that (the same guys who chopped). It’s like they have OCD, just mindlessly spawning and rushing to the enemy respawn and dropping caltrops… dying and doing it again, over and over, all match. I see it as griefing. It’s very disrespectful to their fellow players and the server in general.

Methinks thou doth protest too much. That's the whole point of caltrops and dropping them outside the spawn doorways is a very strategic place to do so. Christ, Jodi, want to talk about griefing? How about you sniping my ass all the damn time? haha!
  
Reply to message
Reply to threadPage 1, 2, 3 | Next Page
Forums > D2F Whiners Corner > Caltrop