D2F Discussion
Forums > D2F Discussion > College?Search | New Thread | Reply to thread
College?
 
Reply to threadPrevious Page | Page 0.26666666666667, 1.2666666666667, 2.2666666666667, 3.2666666666667, 4.2666666666667 | Next Page
Ignorant_Florist
Daycare Manager
Pipebomb Monkey

P: 05/07/2021 16:52 EST
    Went to a Community College for 3 semesters. Dropped out because I had no direction whatsoever after the main classes I went there for were cancelled.   
Reply to message
Boo Boo
Super Regular
Master HWGuy

P: 05/07/2021 19:14 EST
    BS Psychology from Sam Houston State, true about the psych degree....got a teaching certification and taught elementary for years. Work at an HR company now, so the degree looks better here.  
Reply to message
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet
Super Regular
Dizzy Capper

P: 05/07/2021 20:11 EST
E: 05/07/2021 20:13 EST
    maine maritime academy marine systems engineering.

if i go back to school, psychiatric nurse practitioner.
  
Reply to message
Help
Super Regular
Crack-Powered Capper

P: 05/07/2021 21:22 EST
E: 05/07/2021 21:23 EST
    Nice, nurse practitioners get paid well.  
Reply to message
PapaPup
P: 05/07/2021 21:46 EST
    New here but thought I would jump in... I went to school for geology at Northeastern University, then got an MS degree from the University of Florida. I work as a geologist and also teach a university course part time (about my job).  
Reply to message
Matt_tfc
Super Regular
Shotgun Quick
Draw

P: 05/08/2021 01:16 EST
    I went to Santa Rosa Junior College, UC Berkeley and UC Irvine over a seven year period. To sum it up, Associate of Arts(AA-Transfer), BA in Political Science and a minor in History and Economics. I was going to continue my education and go down the Business route but during my time at UC Irvine I was living with family and helping them build a house from the ground up. I ended up being bit by the real estate bug and got a RE license. No, I don't plan on returning to school.  
Reply to message
Help
Super Regular
Crack-Powered Capper

P: 05/08/2021 01:29 EST
E: 05/08/2021 01:31 EST
   
PapaPup wrote:
New here but thought I would jump in... I went to school for geology at Northeastern University, then got an MS degree from the University of Florida. I work as a geologist and also teach a university course part time (about my job).
Go Gators!!! I was raised on the Gators. Even though i went to LSU, I’m still a gator at heart.
  
Reply to message
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet
Super Regular
Dizzy Capper

P: 05/08/2021 12:53 EST
   
Help wrote:
Nice, nurse practitioners get paid well.

Mine said he makes $120k a year, in Maine, but you need additional schooling for the psychiatric credentials and obviously aren’t an MD, but the schooling is still brutal
  
Reply to message
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet
Super Regular
Dizzy Capper

P: 05/08/2021 13:08 EST
   
Matt_tfc wrote:
I went to Santa Rosa Junior College, UC Berkeley and UC Irvine over a seven year period. To sum it up, Associate of Arts(AA-Transfer), BA in Political Science and a minor in History and Economics. I was going to continue my education and go down the Business route but during my time at UC Irvine I was living with family and helping them build a house from the ground up. I ended up being bit by the real estate bug and got a RE license. No, I don't plan on returning to school.
Are you a broker? Iirc you also are doing the landlord thing.
  
Reply to message
Backalleybuttlove
Regular
Strategic Sentry
Placer

P: 05/08/2021 14:19 EST
    Wow, lots of psychologists here. Got a B.A. in psychology from CU Boulder. Graduated in the summer of 2008. Like you JikMazz, I needed an extra semester because for one I transferred from an engineering school and only had 4 credits that transferred due to playing too much counter-strike. I still didn't learn my lesson and was playing too many computer games but doing a liberal arts degree was more forgiving than the hard science courses at an engineering school. There was also copious amounts of I managed to find a job after the 2008 market crash as a "temp" in a call center for almost 4 years. Having a college degree made up for lack of experience but it was still somewhat discouraging being the only one in my work cohort to have a college degree. I saw the glass as half full at least having a job during the recession.

I eventually moved to Israel and figured in a country where everyone's either a psychologist or lawyer I should look into doing something else. Most bartenders in Israel have law degrees, it's sort of a joke here. I got a big kick out of visiting greenhouses in the desert where they grow the best cherry tomatoes I ever ate. This inspired me to pursue a degree in agriculture. I tried applying to do a master degree in desert agriculture but they laughed at my BA in psychology degree. I didn't even take calculus. They said I would have to get a proper BSc if I wanted to do some hardcore science.

So I deigned to go back to school. I just finished my BSc in plant science at Hebrew University. It was extremely difficult, all the courses were in Hebrew. Learning calculus in Hebrew was fucking nuts. In addition to pursuing something else I thought it'd be a great opportunity to improve my Hebrew. I'm now doing a master degree. I basically research how nematodes and fungi can be effective biological pest controls. All that environmental propaganda in 90's cartoons must have gotten to me.
  
Reply to message
Ignorant_Florist
Daycare Manager
Pipebomb Monkey

P: 05/08/2021 14:50 EST
    I suppose I should mention that I am a graduate of the school of hard knocks.  
Reply to message
Vishus
Super Regular
Killer Scout

P: 05/08/2021 15:37 EST
    University of British Columbia, Canada. Bachelor of Human Kinetics. 2012 grad.  
Reply to message
Matt_tfc
Super Regular
Shotgun Quick
Draw

P: 05/08/2021 20:16 EST
   
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
Matt_tfc wrote:
I went to Santa Rosa Junior College, UC Berkeley and UC Irvine over a seven year period. To sum it up, Associate of Arts(AA-Transfer), BA in Political Science and a minor in History and Economics. I was going to continue my education and go down the Business route but during my time at UC Irvine I was living with family and helping them build a house from the ground up. I ended up being bit by the real estate bug and got a RE license. No, I don't plan on returning to school.
Are you a broker? Iirc you also are doing the landlord thing.
I worked for brokers, never was one.
  
Reply to message
Boo Boo
Super Regular
Master HWGuy

P: 05/08/2021 20:30 EST
E: 05/08/2021 20:30 EST
   
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
I suppose I should mention that I am a graduate of the school of hard knocks.
That can be a pretty valuable education....as long as you choose to learn from it...
  
Reply to message
Ignorant_Florist
Daycare Manager
Pipebomb Monkey

P: 05/08/2021 21:01 EST
    Well, considering I'm still alive, and have a decent control over my vices....

Yeah, I've learned a lot of lessons from people who didn't live through their experiences.
  
Reply to message
Reply to threadPrevious Page | Page 0.26666666666667, 1.2666666666667, 2.2666666666667, 3.2666666666667, 4.2666666666667 | Next Page
Forums > D2F Discussion > College?